Still Small. Even More Useful.
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It'll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it's the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
The GSD has an adjustable cockpit that resizes in seconds and without tools to fit riders 4'11" - 6'5", so you can easily share it with your family. The updated frame geometry with a slacker seat tube angle and higher handlebars also means the GSD doesn't just fit—it's more comfortable too.
The GSD's unique geometry makes for super stable riding, no matter what you're hauling (or how wiggly your kids are). The low center of gravity lets even smaller riders confidently manage heavy loads, and the step-thru frame makes getting on and off the bike a breeze. Plus, we've made it easier for the rider's feet to reach the ground at stops.
All GSD models now feature the best-in-class Bosch Cargo Line motor, which provides up to 85 Nm of torque for a smooth, natural-feeling ride, and 400% support to tackle serious hills. Top it off with Bosch's unparalleled service and expertise, and you can rest assured that your GSD's motor system will be safe and reliable for years to come.
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 128 miles
- Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub
- Gates CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Cane Creek Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Ultra-bright Ignis Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
Note: We are a member of Call2Recycling, a safe way to recycle many electric bicycle batteries. All electric bike purchases require an additional charge of $15 at time of pick up.
|Frame||Tern GSD, 6061-AL, patented MultiTruss design, EFBE Tri-Test approved: 200 kg|
|Fork||Suntour custom for Tern, 1.5" tapered Chromoly steerer, 32 mm stanchions, Thru-axle, 70 mm travel, EFBE approved: 200 kg|
|Rims||Tern Atlas, ultra wide 36 mm, dual reinforced joint|
Front: Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Cargo-optimized design, sealed cartridge bearing
Rear: Enviolo SP, 380% continuously variable range, Boost
|Spokes||Stainless steel, 13G|
Front: Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
Rear: Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
|Crankset||Tern GSD custom, Gates CDX CNC machined belt ring|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog|
|Chain||Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt|
|Brakes||Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor, Sport pads|
|Brake Levers||Magura MT5 e-stop, hydraulic, with brake sensor|
|Handlebars||Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted|
|Stem||Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology|
|Headset||Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", angular contact bearings, Physis integrated|
|Seatpost||Cane Creek Thudbuster G4, Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm|
|Saddle||Tern GSD by Velo, with rear handle|
|Pedals||Urban with non-slip surface, sealed bearings|
|Accessories & Extras||
BELL: Pitch Plus, brass
CHAINGUARD: Tern Custom, full chain cover
KICKSTAND: Atlas Lockstand, w/ remote unlock, patented technology
LUGGAGE SOCKET: Combo Mount
FRONT LIGHT: Ignis Headlight, Ultra wide 700 lumens, Hi/Lo Beam
REAR LIGHT: RearStop Brake Light, Always on brake light
FENDERS: Integrated Wheel Guard, AL6061, w/ Side Skirt
RACK(S): Frame integrated, heavy duty design
ACCESSORY: ABUS, keyed-alike with Bosch battery
|Motor||Bosch Cargo Line, 400% Assist, 85 Nm Torque|
|Battery||Bosch Dual Battery system, 500 Wh or 2 x 500 Wh batteries = 1000Wh|
|Controller/Display||Bosch Purion, 4 mode selectable, walk assist|
|Charger||Bosch 100-240V, 4A Charger|
* Subject to change without notice.
|500Wh / Rhino Grey / One Size||12-9-62|
|1,000Wh / Rhino Grey / One Size||12-9-72|
|500Wh / Beetle Blue / One Size||12-9-63|
|1,000Wh / Beetle Blue / One Size||12-9-73|